POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : skin texture? : Re: skin texture? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: skin texture?
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 24 Feb 1999 10:52:29
Message: <36D4203C.9DA25F57@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Ken wrote:

>    For skin textures I go with image maps. There are some really good
> textures available that not only give correct skin tone but enough
> variation to seem real. The additional use of normals to add pitting
> and such is useful as well. Trying to get individual hair folicles is
> best left to the supercomputer user. I think stuff like fine wrinkles
> and creases need to be addressed at the object level and not relied
> upon as a texture feature. Height fields offer a lot of flexibility
> that few people utilize to their fullest extint. I think this comes
> from the lack of knowledge most people have at making workable images
> to be used for the height field.
>   For human and inhuman skin textures there are a couple of sites that
> offer some selection in this regard. I posted a resource list a couple
> of months ago that have sites related to these types of textures and
> available for free.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

Due to the inhuman work of searching through all your postings I found
it:

22nd November 1998: Image_Map Textures

(Ken, you really should start a website! I was lucky that you didn't put
that one into a reply :-) Do you need help?)

The links look really promising!

Thank you!

I still wonder if this effect could be reached by procedural textures?

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler